Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

LITERAL
(a) I, Darlene, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.

  • My mentor Jason Rochwerg and the softball team from Sierra Vista Middle School
(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.

  • Done.


(d) Explanation of what you completed.    
  • I got my hands on experience with coaching thanks to my mentor who allowed me to completely coach 4 softball games. 2 home and 2 away games. I had to come up with my own plays and the hitting line-up. I played a lot with the positions of the players because a lot of them believed they were good at playing only on position but that was not the case at all. You know what they say, you never really know how good you are at something unless you try.

INTERPRETIVE 
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  




APPLIED
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 

With my mentors Jennifer and Jason, I wanted to focus on the different coaching philosophy that take into play. In my first interview with Jennifer she stated that a male coach would not be able to coach a girls' softball team as well as a female coach because of the lack of the female body knowledge. It was really a goal of mine right after hearing that, to find a male coach and compare the differences. I had predicted that it shouldn't matter and I was proven correct. Yes methods of teaching are completely different but lead to the exact same outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment