Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Manager of Girl's Basketball Team

"Be brave like a lion, cunning like a tortoise, wise like a serpent, immovable like a rock..., and... fear no evil... God is in You, with You." -Easytee

(Just wanted to take a picture before I left practice at Southlands to show how dark it is now thanks to the time change but also helps us a lot because now we're not in the sun sweating, but in the cold (which every girl on the team can agree on is better than the heat).


Today I’m pretty sure I got some good hits, by that I mean, I was the girl’s opponent and I had a shield so I can push the girls to make sure they’re keeping their stance firm but also correct. I was on the half court line and the girls had to run to me with full speed, stop a little by pushing me two steps back and turn around blocking me from the ball and try to shoot (some girls ran too fast and hit me too hard to be honest). This drill is called the Jersey components (bury). Then this girl Rachel from the team is a working progress and she knows what she’s doing most of the time but she has a hard time focusing on being firm so during the “5v0 Orchestra: 50/40/Blue 2X (7 passes or 2 reversals)” drill. My favorite drill of all was the “3-6-9 shooting” where we shoot 2 times w/ 1 hand & 2 times w/ 2 hands and if you get 4 out 12 then you get h2o and return back to doing the 3-6-9- 3X 2 handed but this time the pull-up jumpers. It’s my favorite because I’m really good at it and I can see how much different the girls are at grabbing the ball but also the different ways they’re comfortable shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment