Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ

1.  What is your working EQ?

My working EQ is definitely working. I have three that I'm thinking about. My 1st one: how would you coach a varsity softball team well enough to make it to make it to CIF (California Interscholastic Federation), my 2nd one is: what do CIF softball girls look like, and lastly: how is a coach a reflection on how CIF girl's are suppose to look like?

2.  What is a possible answer to your working EQ? Please write the answer in thesis format.
I'll go with the one that's on my blog, for now until I can figure out what my main one is.

EQ: How would you coach a varsity softball team well enough to make it to CIF?

  • Being committed to something helps the person improve in the subject they learning or preforming. Wanting to do something is different from actually following through with it. Going to practice to improve on a sport is what drives the coach just like the teachers are driven to teach when all of us come to class prepared and ready to listen. If the teacher isn't committed and the students (players) aren't committed then what do you have? A group of people. Nothing more. Commitment on both end are really important because without each other they won't go anywhere.
3.  What is the most important source you have used that has helped you come up with an answer to your working EQ?
The fact that my mentor and independent component are different sports which means different perspectives, helped me see the similarities in coaching but also the differences. The way each coach is different is the way they the teach the drill or run practices but also how strict they are.

4.  Who is your mentor, or where are you volunteering, and how does what you are doing relate to your working EQ?
My mentor is Jennifer Dorado and she is the La Puente High School varsity softball coach. She has taken her softball girls to CIF so she has experience on what to do to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment