Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Approval

"Live and play each day with no regrets! Leave it all out on the field! Don't wait for tomorrow when you still have today to be a great-play for today!" 
-Marino

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
Considering my topic is Coaching a Softball Team (high school girls), I would need to be on a team with girls around my age and unfortunately to be in a softball team I was suppose to tryout over the summer but over the summer this topic wasn't my original plan. However thanks to Purther for giving me suggestions, one of them being that I could be in any girls team or shadow because my true topic is coaching and not playing softball. I plan to do my hours at Southland's where I am manager of the girls basketball team.

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
In my independent component log there is a "coach's comment(s)" and "picture" section and those two are where I plan to show evidence. My log worksheet will actually be printed out because every time I go to practice I will write down the activities we are doing that day but also the coach's comments column will actually be written by the coach(s). The coach's comment(s) will help me improve and see what as a coach, he will write to help a player become better.

3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
By being manager of the girls basketball team I 
I believe that I'm going to get a good idea of how coaches are similar in actions and words with the help of the coach, Mr. Johnson. Both softball and basketball are contact sports so coaching wise it won't be as different as it would have been if it was softball and volleyball. I will still be attending softball practices will my mentor Jennifer but it will be just helping her out with anything or filling in for certain girls that are absent and not really being on the team.
Going back to being manager of the team, what that means is I will be helping out with drills as an extra person defender and a bunch of other task to make it harder and more game like for the girls. Mr. Johnson said I would also be able to play games if a girl wasn't able to make it.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I look forward to reading more about your independent component! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete