Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

"To have long term success as a coach or in any position of leadership, you have to be obsessed in some way." -Pat Riley

Senior project topic: Softball Coach

I plan to do a few things this year to show growth in each of the ESLRs and hopefully most of them get me out of my comfort zone. Examples of how I plan to do so are below.
  1. Effective Learner
    • Junior year I spent almost every single lunch in pangs room because science is just not a subject that really seems to connect with me and maybe this year science won't be any different. I will definitely do the same thing as junior year and stay after lunch, or during, to get the help I need. I have plenty of friends who are great teachers and spend a little more time to make the subject a little more adaptable. The more I stayed in junior year during lunch the more I started to see my test scores improve and started to actually finish my work in class early with extra time to spare so I see no reason to change that.
    • Personal creativity for me probably won't be a tough one to show because I tend to be good at not limiting myself nor worrying about making mistakes as you will see through my presentations (hopefully) but definitely throughout my senior project and my senior project. Plus I tend to take full advantage my mentors will provide me with.
  2. Effective Communicator
    • To work towards my goal of being an effective communicator I would love to step up more in my classes when it comes to the roles we are given when we are in groups because my projection could use some work. However, I will never be big headed where I think my ideas are way better than others. Everyones opinion is important in some way and I hope to achieve that this year. 
  3. Effective User of Technology:
    • I will take the full advantages that the internet, the library that's down my street, Cal Poly's library, and any family member/friend(s) that can provide me with the best knowledge about my topic or anything I have a question on. All of the above are always an option just in case I ever need a deeper understanding on a subject.
  4. Effective I-Poly citizen
    • To be an effective I-poly citizen I will continue to stick to dance but also this year I want to contribute as much as I can as a member of the prom committee. I will also help any classmate or anyone at I-poly that ever needs help with something I understand and they don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment