Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog 15: Independent Component 2 Approval

"Its supposed to be hard, if it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great."

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
  • I'm currently trying to get in contact with the softball coach at Southland's because I want to have more than one mentor in the subject i'm focusing on. Basically what I would do with the coach is what i'm planning to do with my main mentor Jenny which is help the coach out with practice, like an assistant, and practice with the girls, except not be on the team because I can't. I'd be asking questions to try and understand his method of coaching as well as his philosophy and compare it with Jennifer's. What I find cool about this is that Southland's coach is a guy and my mentor Jennifer clearly stated in my first interview that she hates when guys coach a girl sport because they don't understand the strengths and weaknesses of girls and hopefully I will get to experience that for my own.
2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
  • It's exactly what my topic is and I'm basically just finding another mentor to help me compare coaching philosophies as well as methods.
3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
  • Seeing the perspective of a guy coach on a girl sport and comparing it to a girl coach on a girl sport can help me see what girl coaches do differently than guy coach. I want to compare these two because maybe I would agree more with what the guy coach is doing and I would ask my main mentor Jenny why she doesn't do this certain drill like the guy coach and knowing her she'd give me a really long explanation as well as a book recommendation.
4.  Post a log on the right hand side of your blog near your other logs and call it the independent component 2 log.
  • Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment